September 3, 2012

Adios, MULTIPLY!

Before Blogger, Wordpress, Tumblr, there was, well, there was Friendster where everyone else was crazy about (oh you know, the testimonials), I lived on the other side, Multiply. Back in the day, wherein digital cameras were starting to become part of our lives so I, with the rest young ones, started documenting every single thing you do and uploaded them on your Multiply account. 

So here I am, well I was surprised to see the message and yes even a tad sad to see Multiply is going bye bye. I just feel bad knowing that Multiply will undergo some serious transformation...and is shutting down its social network features by the end of this year. This is the statement they issued:
I had an inkling they were rethinking their business plan with the launch of the Multiply Marketplace and focus on ecommerce and online shopping. It makes sense. They have to survive as a business. I may not be as active in updating page there and most of my entries had been set to private, but it still holds gigantic worth of memories, silly things and emo-ness I had about to go away. 

Now I'm worried how to migrate all the personal photos, albums, blog entries, videos, notes and a lot of other things that have been stored there. In other words, I'm going to be busy figuring out how to transfer all those here at Blogger without having to edit every single captions and details I added. For now, all the photos I had in my Multiply account were saved in my hard drive. 

Sigh! Good thing I opened myself up the idea of opening a Blogger account.....but still!!! Where should I bring these now?? Stress!! LoL :))
And no, this isn't the complete list!
It's just 60% of my digital files
I guess this is a good bye to Multiply, and to all the connections, the wonderful contents, the treasured memories safely kept for years I was with Multiply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment