January 8, 2013

My 2013 Guidelines

I've been good. I've been bad. I've been naughty. I've been nice. I've been up. I've been down. I've lost. I've triumphed. I laughed. I cried. I took a big leap and occasionally look back from where I came from. I let go.
2013-New-Years-Resolutions-
It is New Year! It is 2013. Whatever 2012 was for you and me, we need to be thankful that we're still alive and we have a chance to change ourselves and the world (nah that might be too heavy for some! haha). The year 2012 was a roller coaster of emotions. I would be very happy at one moment but I would be crying thereafter. But I am still thankful that I was given another year. I got to learn new things, did a few things that I've never done before, been to places, met some good people and spent time with my loved-ones.

Everything happens for a reason. We may not understand the reason behind a particular situation but we will eventually realize what it was for. It has its own purpose why it was given to us. I'm speaking from my own personal experience and as well as the events that had surrounded our country the past year. We may not be able to change everything in a snap or a blink of an eye but we can be an instrument for that change. Change should start within us.

As usual, my intro sounds so heavy but really it is not. Hihi! I've gotta make some changes in my life. How do people call it? "New Year's Resolution" ?? I'd rather call it my 2013 Guidelines. This is not my first time to make a new year's resolution. In fact, what's new about this year is that this might be the first time I'll follow one. HAHA I made this yesterday when I got home from sundate with some friends. I can't sleep, ahh!! I made this out of spontaneity. Everything was just flowing. What's good about it is that I am aware of what to change and what to not. I'm kind of ambivalent though because I think 2013 is the turning point of my life. I hope soooo...I take the boards last December 2012 and I'm not yet even sure if I can make it with flying colors. I need to pass it or even top it. Yes! I'm not setting limitations for myself. I do the friggin’ best that I can! Oh good Lord, please give my RN license to me!! It's my number one and only choice.

Ergo, for me to succeed this year, I have to be guided by the following.

New-Years-Resolutions2013 Guidelines:
  1. Never miss nor be late for a Sunday mass.
  2. Rekindle relationship with God by constantly communicating with him.
  3. Learn the GREAT gap between a "want" and a"need".
  4. Realize that the best things in life are free. Be less materialistic.
  5. Manage time wisely.SERIOUSLY. YUNG TOTOO NA.
  6. Remove the word procrastination from my vocabulary.
  7. Reflect on the gift of everyday.
  8. Start healthy living. Lessen eating fatty foods and meat! Eat more fruits and vegetables instead. Gaaaaah!THIS IS THE HARDEST.
  9. Jog at least once a week.
  10. Fix my room at least twice a week.
  11. Read more books apart from those for academic purposes.
  12. Write. Blog. Express my thoughts even more. It's my way of unloading my feelings and it does help.
  13. Lessen my McDonald's/fastfood food trips.
  14. Be nice and smile more.
  15. Pamper myself once in a while. A good massage, facial, out of town getaway, not so much with food.
  16. Be a more relaxed driver. Understand other motorists for being so stupid on the road.
  17. Drive slower. Don't step too much on gas pedal. As requested by my dad. OK FINE!
  18. Not aim to be the best but try my very best.
  19. Breathe, chill, and relax.
  20. SAVE! SAVE! SAVE! We don't know what will happen next.
  21. Accept other people as they are. I'm not thinking highly of myself. It's just that I'm not very comfortable with "some" people.
  22. Watch concerts. I hope I can...I need tooo much penny!!! Sponsors puhleeeease!!:'(
  23. Have good clean fun. I can only live once. YOLO.
  24. Don't let time and chance slip by because I'm too sleepy.
  25. Be more assertive.
  26. Remove the word procrastination from my vocabulary.
  27. As this cliche goes, LIVE. LOVE. LAUGH. Enjoy life! Carpe diem!
I'll add more just in case. How about you? What are your 2012 guidelines?

Let's all stay positive and start the year right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment