April 12, 2013

Love this Version of Daylight

Ever since hearing the phenomenal Daylight and Girl on Fire mash up at the Grammys, I have been hooked on both songs!
I'm already a big fan of Maroon 5 ever since I was in high school. I've actually heard this song a few times as well, too, but that performance finally just blew the song out of the water. Now, when I hear it over again, I realize how amazing it is, even without that Grammy performance to boost it up a few points. My favorite part of Daylight is definitely the bridge, where Adam sings, "I never wanted to stop because I don't wanna start all over, start all over, I was afraid of the dark but now it's all that I want, all that I want, all that I want" and then proceeds into the chorus.

What makes this song really extraordinary is its music video. "Daylight" music video consists of compilations of true story of Maroon 5's fans all around the world. In my humble opinion, I think that this totally makes the song more meaningful than ever as we are able to listen to people's real-life stories and realize that there are people who share the same kind of obstacles as us. Adam Levine is also a really great vocalist. His voice is so unique and it has a slight accent to it that makes it pop out from every other artist's sound and tone. It doesn't exactly count as a disadvantage that everybody thinks Adam is a really handsome dude, too. He's like a double threat! Good looks AND good vocal chords! :))
Overall, Daylight was a really catchy, memorable song that I loved so much and who doesn't like Maroon 5? Okay, maybe a few people, but seriously. They are a really great band! This is indeed an impressive one; this cover for PLAYING FOR CHANGE. Playing For Change is a movement uniting people everywhere through music. The song got some wonderful lyrics with a great rhythm. I've been listening to this song for more than ten times already. Haha!

Enjoy! Thumbs up for the Maroon 5! Au revoir! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment