March 15, 2013

Throwback Wednesday

I’ve been listening regularly to Monster Radio RX93.1 (FM Radio) for a couple of years now but I learned of them since I was in College. However, I’m not consistently tuning in since I’m not that a morning person, you know! Anyway, to cut the long story short, I’m enjoying my mornings because of them. When stuck in traffic in the morning I always find myself being irritated. To lighten up my mood, I always tune in to RXTMR and…BOOM! Hahaha! They definitely lighten up my mood. I believe a lot of regular listeners would agree. Right?
But, I never fail to listen them when I am on my way for some errands or while I’m driving in the morning. At first it was only Chico and Del, now they have Gino on the house too! I think their trio is a big hit. The radio show becomes more hilarious! They never fail to make us laugh. It’s just getting better and better! Nonetheless, be overly cautious when listening to them inside a public transportation. Why? Others might think that you’re insane! Hahaha! I try to be as calm as possible whenever they start to tease one another. I also find it amusing whenever Call Center Guy (Chico) greets the rushes because I believe that it’s pretty hard to do. One of the things you look forward to during the Morning Rush besides the Top 10 is the Epic Pic and the Epic Rap-Off.

I’m currently a silent rusher. For those who don’t know what a “rusher” means, this is a term used or called upon those who listen to Monster Radio RX 93.1’s The Morning Rush. It’s the stations morning show hosted by the dynamic duo, Chico and Delamar.

I’ve been their listener since my college days, hmmm…..I believed I’ve influenced by Sha and Mitch my close friends of mine to listen to the show since we always have morning classes during college. It's been a habit for me and my friends to listen to them every day on our way to school. I may not be like the rest of the rushers who’s actively text or call in to answer on their TOP 10. I admire those avid listeners even envy them for they’ve raised their relationship to just being a listener to even a personal friend of the jocks. But considering how silent I was before, I’m more active now. I guess that’s an improvement. I tweet once in a while.

Wednesday mornings are sometimes jarring to me, because my usual radio station (Monster Radio RX 93.1) plays “old” songs on this day. And it always surprises me to hear songs that are very familiar to me, even if as it turns out, they were released more than a decade ago—thus qualifying for the Wednesday playlist. Nothing quite like it makes me feel so old!

I love a lot of 90s pop and R&B songs, as well as a handful of turn-of-the-century hits. Aside from RX, Mellow 94.7 also dedicates its Saturday afternoons to songs from the 90s.

Here are some of my favorites that I recently enjoyed on the radio/TV/iTunes: (Just click the LINK if you're not familiar with the song.)

  1. Stigmatized by The Calling
  2. I’ll be there for you by Rembrandts
  3. Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind
  4. Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer
  5. I don’t want to wait by Paula Cole
  6. LoveFool by Cardigans
  7. Torn by Natalie Imburglia
  8. Ironic by Alanis Morisette
  9. Stay by Lisa Loeb
  10. Wonderwall by Oasis
  11. If you don’t know me by now by Simply Red
  12. Lemon tree by Fool’s Garden
  13. Don’t Speak by No doubt
  14. Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
  15. Back For Good by Take That
  16. One of Us by Joan Osborne
  17. Buses and Trains by Bachelor Girl
  18. Everybody Hurts by REM
  19. Everything I Do by Bryan Adams
  20. Linger by Cranberries

There must be about a dozen more or so that I’ve listened to recently, but they’ve slipped my mind for now. I always turn into a giddy pile of nostalgia whenever I hear ‘em, though. But no way shit this good is old!

No comments:

Post a Comment